The 5 Minute Ab Routine I Swear By
- Lie flat on the floor with your lower back pressed into your mat
- Interlace your fingers gently behind your head
- Float your legs up to a table top position. Engage your core.
- Lift your head and keep your shoulder blades hovered above the mat without pulling on your neck
- Straighten your right leg while turning the upper body left.
- Bring your right elbow towards your left knee & twist at the ribs
- Switch and continue alternating for 1 MINUTE
- Lie on your back with knees bent and arms next to sides
- Hover your shoulder blades above the ground
- Reach right hand to tap right heel, and then repeat on the left side
- Keep core engaged & continue alternating for 1 MINUTE
Weight is optional
- Sit on the floor and bring your legs out straight
- Lean back slightly so your torso and legs form a v-like shape
- Engage your core
- Twist your torso from side to side without moving your legs
- Continue twisting for 1 MINUTE
- Lie on your back with your palms at your sides or under your hips
- Fully extend both legs and lift them about 5 inches above the ground
- Keeping your core engaged, alternate between your right and left leg, lifting each 45 degrees in the air and lowering to the starting position
- Continue alternating in the air for 1 MINUTE
- Start in a high plank/push-up position
- Bend elbows and rest weight on forearms
- Your body should form a straight line from your shoulders to your ankles
- Engage your core, quadriceps, and glutes
- Hold for 1 MINUTE & don’t forget to breathe!
Aim to do this routine once a week and slowly work your way up to daily ab sessions! Once you begin building core strength, challenge yourself to do longer intervals & work different areas.
Share with us your go-to ab routine and tag @sweetsweat on IG for a chance to be featured!
Written by: Natalie Anzivino
Shop The Blog