Sports Research Survey Sweepstakes
THIS IS A TRADE PROMOTION SWEEPSTAKES. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. The Sweepstakes is void in the States of Arizona, Florida, New York, and Rhode Island and where prohibited or restricted by applicable law, and all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Winners are responsible for any taxes, customs, duties and like amounts connected with the prizes. This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Sports Research Corporation; 784 W. Channel Street, #200, San Pedro, CA 90731 (“Sports Research” or “Sponsor”).
1. HOW TO ENTER. A participant who meets the eligibility criteria in Section 2 will be entered in the Sports Research Survey Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) automatically by completing the survey distributed by the Sponsor via email and submitting the completed survey to Sponsor (each, an “Entry”). Entries will be accepted by Sponsor during the entry period (the “Entry Period”) that begins on December 14, 2020 and ends at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time on December 19, 2020 ("Entry Deadline"). Entries received before the Entry Deadline will be entered into a drawing to win one or more Grand Prizes (as defined below). Sponsor assumes no responsibility for late, lost, damaged, misidentified, or misdirected Entries. Limit one (1) Entry per person and multiple Entries will be disqualified.
2. ELIGIBILITY. To be eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes an individual must: (i) be at least eighteen (18) years of age at the beginning of the Entry Period, (ii) be a legal resident of the United States or its territories and possessions, (iii) not be a resident of the States of Arizona, Florida, New York, and Rhode Island, (iv) have a valid email address, and (v) have read, understand, and agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Directors, officers, employees, contractors, and agents (and their immediate families and household members) of Sponsor and persons who were awarded a prize or received other promotional consideration from the Sponsor within six (6) months prior to the beginning of the Entry Period are also not eligible. The Sponsor's determination of eligibility, in its sole discretion, shall be final.
3. GRAND PRIZE. The grand prize is five hundred dollars ($500) (the “Grand Prize”), or a substitute prize of comparable value. All taxes on the Grand Prize are the sole responsibility of the Winner.
4. SELECTION OF WINNERS. Ten (10) Grand Prize winners (each, a “Winner”) will be selected by random drawing, to take place on or about December 20, 2020, from all Entries received prior to the Entry Deadline. Odds of winning depend on the number of Entries received. Sponsor makes no warranties with regard to the Grand Prizes. The Grand Prizes are not transferable.
5. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION. Each eligible person who submits an Entry (“Participant”) is deemed to have agreed to be bound by these Official Rules and by all decisions of the Sponsor regarding the Sweepstakes. By submitting an Entry, Participants grant to Sponsor, its agents, and others working on their behalf the right to use the Participant's name, likeness, voice, opinions, biographical information, and state of residence for advertising and marketing purposes, without additional compensation, unless otherwise prohibited by law. The Grand Prizes must be claimed within thirty (30) days of first attempted notification or they will be forfeited. All Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor shall not be responsible for registration errors or for lost, late or misdirected mail (including e-mail), or telecommunication or computer hardware or software failures. In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor in any form shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to any Entry, the authorized account holder of the email address, if applicable used to complete the survey will be deemed to be the Participant. Should any portion of the Sweepstakes be, in the Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised for any reason, including virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes, which, in the Sponsor’s sole opinion, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of Entries, Sponsor reserves the right to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof).
6. DISCLAIMERS, DISPUTE RESOLUTION, AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. Each Participant hereby releases, and agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor, those working on its behalf, and each of their respective officers, directors, representatives, employees, agents, successors and assigns, from any and all damage, injury, death, loss or other liability, either at law or equity, whether known or unknown, asserted or non-asserted, that may arise from or in any way relate to participation in the Sweepstakes or the awarding, acceptance, use or misuse of the Grand
7. PRIZES. Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. This Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, regardless of conflicts of laws principles. Any action or litigation concerning this Sweepstakes shall take place exclusively in the federal or state courts sitting in Los Angeles County, California, and each Participant expressly consents to the jurisdiction of and venue in such courts and waives all defenses of lack of personal jurisdiction and inconvenient forum with respect to such courts. Each Participant hereby waives the right to personal service and hereby consents to service of process by email, U.S. mail, or any other method acceptable under the laws of the State of California. ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND/OR AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES. PARTICIPANT HEREBY WAIVES ANY RIGHTS OR CLAIMS TO ATTORNEY'S FEES, DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE.
8. NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS. Upon selection of Winners pursuant to Section 4, the Winners will be notified by e-mail. Sponsor may require the Winner to execute an affidavit of eligibility, publicity release (except where prohibited), liability waiver and/or IRS Form W-9 (if required by IRS regulations) prior to the delivery of any Grand Prize (collectively, "Affidavit"). If the Winner does not respond to the notification within ten (10) days, is found to be ineligible, fails to execute the Affidavit or other documentation required by Sponsor and/or the Grand Prize is returned as undeliverable, the Sponsor may consider such Winner to have forfeited the Grand Prize, and another Winner may be selected as time allows. The Grand Prizes will be awarded within approximately ten (10) days of the Winner's complete response to notification. Delivery will occur via Cash App and will be arranged with the Winner by Sponsor upon the Winner’s complete response to notification.
9. ANNOUNCEMENT OF WINNERS. The names of the Winners will be posted for sixty (60) days after the date of the drawing at: https://sportsresearch.com/, and each Winner is deemed to consent to such posting.
10. OFFICIAL RULES. Copies of these Rules are available by visiting: https://sportsresearch.com/. In the event that any provision of these Rules is determined to be invalid, illegal, or otherwise unenforceable by the FTC, any court of law, or other governmental agency, that provision will be severed from the Rules but the remaining provisions will remain in full effect.