Tired of the same old weekday meal rotations? It's time to dig into something healthy and satisfying like this Kale Salmon Salad. We used our brain & body fueling Organic MCT Oil made from organic coconuts to make this dressing worth every bite.
For the dressing (makes about one cup)
¼ cup orange juice, freshly squeezed
¼ cup SR Organic MCT Oil
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp honey
3 tbsp soy sauce
½ tsp garlic, freshly minced
1 tsp ginger, freshly minced
Salt and pepper to taste
For the salad (makes one serving)
½ bunch kale, stems removed
5oz salmon filet
1 tbsp SR Organic MCT Oil
3 mini bell peppers, julienned
½ avocado, sliced
1 carrot, julienned
2 radish, thinly sliced
1 persian cucumber, sliced
Sesame seeds for topping
Directions1. Remove salmon from the fridge and bring to room temperature prior to cooking.
2. Prepare salad dressing by putting all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend.
3. Pour dressing over chopped kale, toss and let sit for about 10 minutes – this helps soften the kale’s texture and flavor.
4. Season salmon with salt and pepper.
5. Heat about a tablespoon of SR Organic MCT Oil in a nonstick skillet on medium high heat.
6. When oil is heated, raise heat to medium high and place salmon skin side up and cook on each side until golden brown or for about 3-4 minutes each side.
7. Remove Salmon from heat and set aside.
8. Prepare the salad by adding the remaining ingredients to the kale and toss.
9. Serve kale in a bowl, top with salmon and ENJOY!
Would you try this recipe? Share your creations with us on social: @sportsresearch