If a candy cane, hot chocolate, and high energy protein walked into a bar… you would get Peppermint Chocolate Collagen Protein bites. If you’re looking for a quick, no-bake holiday treat with a lil extra protein — this is it! This recipe is perfect for a simple, last minute gift or when you need an extra dose of energy in the midst of holiday shopping. The flavor of SR Chocolate Collagen is rich and creamy, while the crushed peppermint gives it that extra crunch. They’re like little drops of holly jolly heaven.
Makes about 13 bites
1cup Almond Butter
1/4 cup Honey
½ cup SR Chocolate Collagen
1 tsp Peppermint Extract
¼ cup Cocoa Powder
¼ cup Chocolate Chips
3-4 large Candy Cane, crushed
¼ cup Water
- Combine all ingredients (except the crushed candy canes) in a mixing bowl and thoroughly mix.
- Place mixture in fridge for 15 minutes and allow to firm.
- Once the dough is chilled, remove from the fridge.
- Using your hands, spoon and roll the dough into bite-size balls.
- To add a more festive look, roll in crushed candy canes to coat the outside of the bites.
- Serve immediately or store in a tightly sealed Tupperware container.
- Have a Happy Holiday season!