Does anyone else feel that recipes just taste better when combined in a bowl? I hope so, because here at SR we are ALL about the healthy bowl recipes. This Sweet Potato & Chickpea Nourish bowl features Sports Research® Organic MCT Oil and includes all the nutrients you need to stay fueled throughout the day. It includes a healthy blend of veggies, protein, healthy fat, whole grains, and spices. Gather your ingredients and get ready to fall in love!
10-12 ounces Arugula
1 can Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 large Sweet Potato, diced into ½ inch pieces
1 Avocado, sliced
1.5 cups cooked Quinoa
½ Cucumber , sliced
1-2 tbsp SR® Organic MCT Oil
2 tsp Cumin
S+P to taste
For the Sauce
2 tbsp, Lemon Juice
2 tbsp, Tahini Paste
1 tbsp, Maple Syrup
Dash of Pepper
Extra squeeze of Lemon to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Place chickpeas and sweet potato on a baking sheet. Add SR® Organic MCT Oil to the chickpeas and sweet potato. Sprinkle with cumin, salt and pepper and toss separately to coat. Bake for about 40 minutes or until slighty browned and crisp, tossing ½ way through.
- Combine sauce ingredients and whisk until creamy. Add water if needed for consistency and set aside.
- Toss arugula with a squeeze of lime, salt, pepper and extra SR® Organic MCT Oil if desired.
- Plate quinoa and arugula.
- Remove sweet potato and chickpeas from oven and plate. Add sliced avocado, cucumber and drizzle with sauce.
- Serve warm and enjoy!